Current Available Positions
At Goodstone Inn & Restaurant, we believe our most valuable resource is our creative and innovative staff. The excellence of Goodstone has been built from team work. Our select team of hospitality professionals work together daily to ensure Goodstone provides the highest level of excellent service to our guests who have come to expect nothing less than perfection.
Goodstone Inn & Restaurant, a full service boutique inn located on 265-acres just outside of Middleburg, VA is seeking a dynamic, passionate, hands-on, experienced General Manager.
The General Manager oversees all aspects of the operation including guest relations, front desk, restaurant, housekeeping, maintenance, finances, team building, and staff development and relations.
Standards of Excellence
Demonstrate and promote 100% commitment to providing the best possible experience for our guest
Embody the company’s values of Passion, Creativity and Style in daily interactions with the guests and employee’s and become an ambassador for the company brand
Demonstrate a hands-on approach in all aspects of the operation, setting an example that all employees can follow and aspire to
To be informed of any guest grievances, and make every effort to personally handle guest complaints and comments, addressing problems and work to resolve all complaints effectively and amicably.
Ensure restaurant is properly and fully booked to ensure maximum revenue without sacrificing service
Ensure restaurant and kitchen management staff are trained and effectively managing team to the standards of the company
Maximizing Profitability by Efficient Management
Develop and Monitor the annual budget and monitor all budgets, meeting monthly to compare budget and P&L with all department managers to ensure that budget targets are reached or exceeded whilst not diminishing service quality
Support the Sales & Marketing team to develop the property and company brand
Be aware of market developments and competitor activity to ensure that the property is in line / ahead of the competition
Proven track record with a minimum of 5 years successful experience in full service hotel general management with a proven track record of solid, long-term employment history (independent boutique inn or destination hotel and fine-dining experience preferred)
Solid record of financial responsibility and analytical ability
Strong knowledge of computers and software including front office systems including software maintenance, report generation, audit and analysis, ability to use e-mail, Word, Excel and other spreadsheet software
Excellent leadership skills with a hands-on approach
Ability to organize multiple projects, manage and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines
Passion for guest service excellence
Pro-active and result driven
Competitive salary and benefits
The candidate we seek will have a proven long-term (min 4 years) employment history with the same company
Guest Services Representative
Essential Qualities: The ideal candidate will have a strong background in customer service, strong employee relation skills, and strong knowledge of computer skills with key responsibilities to include but not limited to:
- Possess a high level of professionalism and customer service toward guests. Greet customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome using a positive and clear speaking voice. Listen to and understand requests and respond with appropriate action and provide accurate information.
- Assist guests with arrival and departure from hotel, while providing positive guests experiences.
- Promptly answer the telephone using positive and clear communication. Input messages into the computer. Retrieve messages and communicate the content to the guest. Retrieve mail, small packages and facsimiles for customers as requested.
- Complete the registration process by inputting and retrieving information from a computer system, confirming pertinent information including number of guests and room rate. Promote Goodstone Inn & Restaurant brand marketing programs. Make appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs. Provide welcome folders containing room keys, certificates, vouchers as appropriate.
- Field guest complaints, conducting thorough research to develop the most effective solutions, communicating immediately with Hotel Manager for resolution and follow up.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience
- Guest Services/Hospitality experience preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to effectively deal with customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts
- Ability to stand and move throughout front office and continuously perform essential job functions
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a computer system (Maestro/Aloha)
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates and customers
- Command of the English language both written and verbal
Kindly email a cover letter and résumé to:
Cathleen Koplets, Guest Services Manager
Goodstone seeks candidates with a strong background in housekeeping, with an emphasis on attention to detail and cleanliness. Competitive pay in an excellent work environment.
Housekeeper Requirements: Inn and/or hotel experience with a keen eye to cleanliness; detail oriented; excellent work ethic; flexible schedule that includes morning and evening shifts, both weekday and weekends; support team to reach common goals; completed background check required.
Kindly email a cover letter and résumé to:
Tiffany Leith, Housekeeping Manager